Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"You've Got Some Big Shoes to Fill"


Greetings Dear Ones,

Right about now, our intrepid Water's Edge Worship Coordinator, Darin Arntston, should be somewhere in the great state of Texas. She is on the first "leg" of what I pray is a grand, alluring and never-ending journey through her walk with God.

As most of you know, Darin is attending Candler School of Theology at Emory University in Atlanta, GA. http://www.candler.emory.edu/ This is an incredible school, ranked among the top 20 national universities, according to US News & World Report http://www.usnews.com/rankings. Candler is also one of several universities founded by the United Methodists. (Coincidentally, I graduated from American University, in Washington, D.C., which is another UMC school http://www.american.edu/).

This past Sunday (Aug 14), Molly announced that I would be joining the Water's Edge Team to (try to) take up Darin's mantle. Upon hearing this, one of the Water's Edge regulars pondered aloud, "You've got some big shoes to fill." I couldn't agree more!

Darin is actually the person who encouraged me to consider this position. She knows that I, too, am searching for discernment. I adore being part of the Lay Liturgists group-- the regular folks who offer prayers every so often in the Santuary services -- but I feel a pull to do more. Do what? I don't know, exactly. But Molly -- along with Revs LaDue, Standiford, and Ristine -- has graciously shared her time with me and provided an ear as I try to figure it all out. This opportunity is perfect and very important to me.

I am thrilled (and a smidge nervous) to be joining the Water's Edge Worship Team. Please say hello this Sunday. Let me know what's going on in your life... your thoughts about how we can do more here, virtually... anything you think might help my transition at Water's Edge.


Yes, I have some big shoes to fill. Darin is kind, intelligent, funny, beautiful and a LOT younger than I. (Maybe I should quit right now). But, I do have something in my favor: great shoes. Did you catch a glimpse of her shoes on Sunday? Taupe suede with 4" heels! Excellent! This, I can do!


See you, and your shoes, on Sunday, August 21!

Blessings,

Kim Edwards


2 Corinthians 5: 7 (more about shoes)

"For we walk by faith, not by sight."




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God's love and blessings continue in your search for direction. This is all good "stuff." :) Peggy Goochey

rdh0216 said...

I loved Darin's shoes too! But we look forward to the time and help you'll bring as well as your shoes! :)

Beckie

Anonymous said...

Kim - Welcome to the Water's Edge where the Music, the Community, and the Molly continuously beckon us to open our hearts to concerns and joys. If you need a picture of something around the Cove - tap me on the shoulder ... Aloha - Fred