Tuesday, September 06, 2011


Hi all,

Just thought you might enjoy reading the poem that Bill wrote and shared in Sunday's (9/4) service at the Cove.

Pride


The task of every generation is to make sure

They don't end up knowing a lot about nothing.

Wisdom is knowing what is and is not important.


In my "tribe"

There are those who are "in" and those who are "out."

There are those who are "good" and those who are "bad."

There are those who are "saved" and those who are "lost."


What tribe does God belong to?

How do we break through our prejudices and judgments?


Who I listen to depends on what I hear.

Do I listen to CNN or CNBC or Fox?

Do I listen to the Democrats or Republicans?

Do I listen to the Conservatives or the Liberals?


Jesus, listened to the victims, the persecuted, the survivors.

If I am to make it through this crisis I am in,

Then I must seek the courage and humility

To expand my love so that no one is left out.

Not even the one who is causing me so much hurt.


I must be open to the breath of God into my life...

The breath that is common to all of us.

To breathe yet again,

And deeper,

And bring me to my own soul's awakening.


It is then that change and hope will follow.

No comments: